- I was watching hubby put an entire box of alcohol laced coolers in the fridge. Me: You're going to leave no room to put the milk back in... 1 hour ago
- You're in a fantasy epic. Go to your profile and look at the nine friends in the box. Go in order (no cheating!), left to right and recor... 4 hours ago
Putting the fun back in dysfunctional.
Tag Archives: Switch
January 23, 2012Posted by on
There is a story in Switch about a factory that used a flammable chemical in their process. Not surprising was there were a number of fires. The head of the company sent a memo asking workers not to set fires. I never figured out if it was a true story os just a point.
Often we believe that problems occur because of people either in their rational minds or emotional ones, and if they just tried harder theyd change. But sometimes it is the world around us that just needs to be changed.
1) Change the environment. We all follow the path to least resistance, so make things easy. Or at least visible. A sticky note, not turning on the TV or computer until you’ve done X amount of work, going somewhere you don’t have Internet so you can work.
2) Habits. Flylady talks a lot about making habits or routines. I have a bad habit of vegging after supper and leaving the dishes until morning. Instead I’ve been unloading the dishwasher first thing and loading it right after supper.
3) Use peer pressure. The best way to keep a gaol or resolution is to have at least one partner doing it with you. If you promise a friend to meet at the gym every day you are less likely to skip gym sessions. Or for writing check the #Row80 and #amwriting hashtags for writing sprints. We succeed in groups. #WAna1011